Down Syndrome Internet Resources
- Web Sites Indices
- Recommended Down Syndrome Sites on the Internet compiled by Len Leshin, M.D., F.A.A.P.
- Speech/Language Web Sites
- Communicating Partners
- The Down Syndrome Educational Trust
- Literacy Web Sites
- Love and Learning: Teaching Reading and Language
- Special Reads for Special Needs
- Medical Guidelines
- Clinicians' Guide to Physical Health Problems of Older Adults With Down Syndrome , Journal on Developmental Disabilities 12(1) (2006 Spring)
- Clinical Report—Health Supervision for Children With Down Syndrome , Pediatrics 2011;128:393-406
- Health Care Guidelines for Individuals with Down Syndrome: 1999 Revision , Down Syndrome Quarterly, Sep 1999 4(3):1-16
- Health Care Management of Adults with Down Syndrome Am Fam Physician Sep 2001 15;64(6):1031-8, 1039-40
- Health Supervision for Children With Down Syndrome Pediatrics Feb 2001 107(2):442-449
- Health Watch, National Down Syndrome Congress
- Interactive Down Syndrome Growth Charts
- JAMA Patient Page, JAMA Feb 28, 2001 285(8):1112
- Medical management of children with Down's syndrome, Current Paediatrics 2001 11:57-63.
- Primary Care of Infants and Young Children with Down Syndrome American Family Physician Jan 15, 1999
- The Clinical Assessment and Management of Children, Young People and Adults with Down Syndrome, New Zealand Ministry of Health Oct 2001
- Message Boards
- Baby Center Down Syndrome Community
- HealthBoard.com Down Syndrome Message Board
- National Association For Down Syndrome Discussion Board
- Trisomy 21 Online Community
- Uno Mas! Down Syndrome Online
- List Servers
- Description: A contact point for families who have a member with Down's syndrome and associated congenital heart disease. Support and information for those whose child is facing heart surgery, who has had surgery, those whose condition is inoperable, and those families who are bereaved.
- Owner: Penny Green
- URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Downs-Heart/
- Website: http://www.dhg.org.uk
- Description: Informal talk and discussion about all Down's syndrome medical issues and research in general in the UK/Scotland and Ireland.
- Owner: Leo@dsrf.co.uk
- URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DSRF/
- Website: http://www.dsrf.co.uk
- For informal support, discussion and information — this is a list for UK topics and people and those interested in them.
- Archives: http://listserv.down-syndrome.net/archives/ds-uk.html
- Dads Appreciating Down Syndrome
- Description: Our mission is to assist and support, through fellowship and action, the fathers and families of people with Down syndrome.
- Owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/dadsds/
- Website: http://www.dadsappreciatingdownsyndrome.org/
- Description: A place where parents can get together to discuss all the issues related to Down syndrome. Here you can meet with other parents and learn what other parents are doing for their children with Down syndrome.
- Owner: email@example.com
- URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/downsyndrome/
- Description: Our goal is to offer a place where you can ask about everything related to Down syndrome (DS, Trisomy 21) and discuss anything as long as it's done in a civil manner. We want to encourage people to bring their viewpoints and experiences to the list so there are many choices as all the kids are different, and what works for one, may not work for all.
- Owners: Carol, Kathy Ratkiewicz, Julie
- URL: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/DownSyndromeInfoExchange/
- Description: Discussion list for Down Syndrome open to parents, siblings, friends, doctors, teachers and, of course, to people with Down Syndrome
- Owner: Bill McGarry or DOWN-SYNfirstname.lastname@example.org
- Archives: http://listserv.nodak.edu/archives/down-syn.html
- Description: For parents of children with Down syndrome to brag, talk about concerns, medical problems, schooling, therapy, etc.
- Owner: email@example.com
- URL: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/down_syndrome/
Down Syndrome Asian Parents Group
- Description: Online support group to help connect with families according to their child's age and individual needs; obtain updated resources on education, health, special needs services and more; connect parents with various professionals in their area for advice; share their experiences and provide/receive emotional support through other families.
- Owner: Dr. Sindoor Desai
- URL: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/asianparentsgroup/
- Website: http://www.sujeet.com
- Description: For parents of children with Down syndrome (professionals welcome). This list is pro-TNI.
- Owner: firstname.lastname@example.org or DSTNIemail@example.com
- Co-moderator: Julie Romero
- URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DSTNI/
- Description: The Down Syndrome & Autistic Spectrum (DS-AUTISM) listserv was created so families, parents, and professionals interested in this dual diagnosis could discuss issues related to medical, educational, and family concerns in a free, and open forum.
- Owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ds-autism/
- Description: Dedicated to the parents, family members and friends of teens and "olders" born with Down syndrome.
- Owner: email@example.com
- URL: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/DS_Teens_Plus/
- Description: A list for parents of children with Trisomy 21 who want to free their child from the negative expectations of what is commonly referred to as Down syndrome. Positive approaches to health, nutrition, disease prevention, education, therapies, social and spiritual training may be discussed. This includes, but is not limited to TNI, vitamin therapy, NACD, early intervention and schooling options. The list owner insists that all posts be kind and respectful.
- Owner: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Archives: http://listserv.tbinet.org/archives/einstein-syndrome.html
- URL: http://einstein-syndrome.com/
Home Education and Down Syndrome
- Description: A group for busy homeschooling families educating a child with Down syndrome. Discussions limited to home education and the special needs of our children.
- URL: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/HomeEducationAndDownSyndrome/
- Description: A support list for parents whose babies/children/adult children have been diagnosed with Mosaic Down syndrome.
- Owner: email@example.com
- URL: http://www.mosaicdownsyndrome.com
- Description: We are a supportive international group and have been in existence since 1995. Our list is unique in that we focus on the family and not just the family member with Down syndrome.
- Owner: C1ndysue1@aol.com
- URL: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/UpsNDowns/