SONAS Media Limited
Norfolk NR21 OEN
49 2381 98 222 11
Fax: 49 2381 880766
SAMONAS is an acronym for "Spectral Activated Music of Optimal Natural Structure". This identifies a new procedure
for spectrally activating sounds used in the production of all recorded media for Sound Therapy.
This process builds on the knowledge of Dr. A. Tomatis (electronic ear), E. Schumann (formant laws) etc. In addition, it
incorporates many recent advances found in the SAMONAS CDs. (Laterality, spatial hearing, etc.).
The high frequency sound matrix of SAMONAS CDs, gives a "micro massage" of the middle ear and enhances alertness in the
temporal lobe of the human brain. This ensures an immediate, neurological effect in many areas of the body as well as on the
psychological level of human hearing due to the particular organic specification of the ear and brain. The body's own memories
are naturally awakened.
The therapeutical applications of SAMONAS Sound Therapy have been practised for many years. It affects the brain and
nervous system directly through the sense of hearing and can be used to improve hearing. It can be used to improve
psychological and physical conditions such as hearing, learning difficulties, voice problems and behavioural disturbances which
are causally associated with the area of acoustic perception. Some problems, especially by Tinnitus and Stress are helped by
listening to the CDs.
Demonstration CD SAMONAS Sound Therapy. KT 010 CD.
The first section states the basic principles and considerations which led to the development of SAMONAS Sound Therapy (dialogue is in German but a written translation is provided). Advancements since Tomatis formulated his Audio-psycho-phonology in the 1930s are described.
The second section contains selections from the curently available library of SAMONAS Sound Therapy.
SAMONAS I. Classic - Music on Flute, Harp and Cello. KT 101 CD. 60 minutes
Music by Mozart, Bach, Haydn, Händel and others. Gentle pieces of music performed on flute, harp and cello. Beneficial
through its simplicity and clean lines which generate a harmonising and balancing effect. Encourages clear thinking and stimulates
the left hemisphere - the logical element in the brain. Slightly right dominated recordings through choice of instruments and
- Variations on a walisic folksong, harp, traditional
- Duet, Adagio non molto, flute and violoncello; Joseph Haydn (1732-1806)
- Largo from the opera Xerxes, flute and harp; Georg Friedrich Händel (1685-1759)
- Allemande, Sarabande from the Suite in C Minor for cello; Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- Sonata in C Major for concert harpsicord, Adagio, Allegro, Adagio, Allegro; flute, harp; Georg Friedrich Händel (1685-1759)
- Andante from the Flute Quartet in D Major, flute and harp; Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
- Song from Brittany, Scottish Song, Irish Song; popular, flute
SAMONAS I. Romantic. KT 102 CD Baroque & Romantic Music for Flute, Harp and Cello
Contains well known and easily remembered melodies by Gounod, Saint-Saëns, Schubert and others, performed on flute, harp
and cello. The choice of music and the way it is recorded addresses feelings, emotions, visual perceptions (right hemisphere)
and thinking on a holistic level. "Romantic" is the CD for the emotion centered type of human being.
- Meditation, Andante semplice, flute, harp: Charles Counod's melody to the well known Prelude 5 in C Major by J.S. Bach.
- Minuet and Dance of the Blessed Spirits, Lento, flute, harp from the opera "Orfeo", Chr. W. Gluck.
- Poem (quiet) for harp in the Romantic style by Kurt Gillmann (1889-1975), harp, cello.
- Der Schwan/Le Cygne (Adagio) from the "Carnival of the Animals" Camille Saint-Saëns (1835-1921), harp, cello.
- Syrings, Claude Debussy (1862-1918); a dreamy piece for flute solo in the impressionist style.
- Prelude in F Major and G Major, harp solo; Marcel Grandjany (1891-1975).
- Berceuse (Allegretto modetato), Gabriel Faure (1845-1924); flute and harp (originally piano).
- Apres un Reve (Andantino) Cellist Pablo Casals composed this piece for cello after a melody from G. Faure; cello and harp (originally piano).
- Ave Maria (very slow), Franz Schubert (1797-1828); cello, flute.
- Sonate (1st movement, larghetto), Gaetano Donizetti (1797-1848); flute, harp.
- Largo. Cello solo, Max Reger (1883-1916).
- Pavane pour un infante difunte. Marcel Ravel (1875-1937), cello, harp (originally piano).
SAMONAS I. Carulli. KT 103 CD. Duos for Guitar and Piano
Music for guitar and piano composed by Mozart's contemporary, Carulli. Attractive, slow, central movements contrast with the
dynamic and powerful introductory and final movements. This CD gives direct stimulation to the dreamer, encouraging him
back into reality, allowing him to cope with the challenges of daily life today. Influences lateral organisation by stimulating right
ear dominance. Useful for hearing problems, listening and perceptual problems, difficulties in relaxing and also lack of
- Duo op. 37 in D Major. Moderato
- Romanza-Andante sostenuto
- Poco Allegretto
- Sonate op. 21, Number 1 in A Major. Moderato
- Grand Duo op. 70 in D Major. Moderato
Andante con 3 Variazoni
- Sonate op. 21, Number 2 in D Major. Moderato
- Thema con 4 Variazoni
SAMONAS I. Music for Chamber Orchestra. KT 104 CD. Rossini, Grieg, Tschaikowsky
Music by Rossini, Tschaikowsky and Grieg. The musicians produce music which is lively, harmonising and invigorating. The
music is played and conducted in such a way that it becomes stimulating and energising, by working on the human pulse and
deeper levels of emotions. The CD trains the ability to listen and allows the listener to "switch off" from the stresses of everyday
life and re-charge the "batteries". Therapeutic uses include help with training listening, directional hearing.
- Pezzo in forma di Sonatina
- Walzer (Waltz)
SAMONAS I. Sounds of Birds, Wind and Water. KT 110 CD. 72 minutes
- The song of birds at sunrise
- The song of birds at sunset
- Sounds of Water
SAMONAS II. W.A. Mozart on the Organ. KT 201 CD.
- Adagio in C Major, KV 356
- Andante in F Major, KV 616
- Fantasie in F Minor, KV 608
- Kirschensonate in C Major, KV 336
- Adagio, Allegro, Adagio in F Minor, KV 594
- Adagio in B Minor, KV 540
- Fuge in Eb Major, KV 153
- Adagio in C Minor, KV 546
- Ouverture in C Major, Grave, Fuge, KV399 (385i)
SAMONAS II. Mozart and Contemporaries I. KT 207 CD.
- W.A. Mozart (1759-1791), Clarinet Quintet in A Major. Allegro
- Menuetto, Trio I, Trio II
- Thema con Viriazioni
- Ignatz Pleyel (1757-1831), Flute Quartet Opus 20, No. 3 in C Major. Allegro
- Adagio molto
- Allegro non troppo
SAMONAS II. Mozart and Contemporaries II. KT 208 CD. 60 minutes
- W.A. Mozart (1756-1791), Flute Quartet in D Major, KV285. Allegro
- Attacca Rondeau (Allegreto)
- Ignatz Pleyel (1757-1831); String Trio Opus 10, N° 1, Eb Major. Allegro
- Attacca Rondo
- W.A. Mozart (1756-1791); Flute Quarter in G Major, KV285a. Andante
- Tempo di Minuetto
- Joseph Haydn (1732-1809). Flute Divertimento Opus 100, N° 3 in C Major; Allegro Moderato - Poco Adagio - Finale (Presto)
- Flute Divertimento Opus 100, N° 6 in D Major; Allegro Moderato - Adagio - Attacca Vivace
SAMONAS II. Harmony. Music in Pure Tuning. KT 209 CD.
- Air Limericks Lamentations: "When Cold in the Earth", Irish Minstrel. Arr.: H.A. Stamm
- Air Shule Aroon: "I Wish I Was by that Dim Lake", Irish Minstrel. Arr.: H.A. Stamm
- The Lone Rock, Irish Minstrel, Arr.: H.A. Stamm
- Melodie "Ich will Dich lieben meine Stärke" aus den Geistl. Hirtenleidern d. Angelus Silesius G. Joseph (Schlesien, 17, Jh.). Arr.: H.A. Stamm.
- Sarabande aus der Suite D-Dur für Violoncello solo, Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
- Prelude aus "Concerts Royaux" Francios Couperin (1668-1733)
- Elevation aus "Messe pour les Couvents" Francios Couperin (1668-1733)
- L'amour de moi, Strophe und Variation (Kanon) Franz. Volkslied, Arr.: H.A. Stamm
- Siciliano, Hans-André Stamm (1958)
- Gnossienne No. 1, Eric Satie (1866-1925)
- Gnossienne No. 3, Eric Satie (1866-1925)
- Gymnopedie No. 3, Eric Satie (1866-1925)
- Gnossienne No. 4, Eric Satie (1866-1925)
- Feenlied, Volkslied von den Hebrieden, Arr.: M. Draaf
- Klangperienspiel, Martin Draaf (1954)
- Sonnenwind, Hans-André Stamm (1958)
- Gälische Melodie, volkstümlich
SAMONAS II. Music of Wind and Sun. KT 210 CD. 60 minutes
- W. Williams "Sonata in Imitation of Birds" Adagio, Allegro, Grave, Allegro
- Johann Sebastian Bach "Schafe können sicher weiden" Kantate BWV 208
- Joseph Hayden. Trio in G Major
- Adagio Cantabile
- C., Saint-Saëns "Der Schwan" Aus dem Karneval der Tiere
- W.A. Mozart "Aus dem Londoner Skizzenbuch"
- Traditionell "La Bertazzina"
- Ferdinando Carulli
- Trois Valzes Opus 32, N° 1 in G Major
- Trois Valzes Opus 32, N° 2 in G Major
- Trois Valzes Opus 32, N° 3 in G Major
- Sonata Opus 21, N° 1 in A Major; Adagio
Concept of Syn-Energy. Mystery of Water. CS 911 CD. 60 minutes
Contains the cycle of water in all its forms. It stimulates the Alpha and higher Theta range of the human consciousness,
generating creativity, fantasy and imagination. Due to the spectral activation of the sounds, the CD gives profound energising
effects. The music is in pure tuning. Water is elemental, mysterious and vital, the sound of water reflects the energy of life in its
movements. It can have a profound beneficial effect on the psyche.
- Alpha and Theta
- Sea of calm
- Fountain, spirit of fountain
- Upon the waves of the water
- Alpha and Theta
- The shephard on the banks of the stream
- Dance of the elves
- Infinite ocean
- Sea of calm
Concept of Syn-Energy. Music and Nature. Alpha and Omega. CS 912 CD
Acoustic sounds from nature and music which are based on the harmonies of Earth, Sun, Moon and the Stars. Throughout
human development we have been confronted with the harmonies of the cosmos, and these sounds have a profound impact on
our lives, important in an age where we appear to be in ever increasing disharmony with our surroundings. Deeply relaxing, the
listener enters the Theta and Delta regions. Relaxation is achieved by time space transformation of natural sounds, energising
occurs through the spectral activation of sounds. After an exhausting, stressful day listen to Track 2, before an important challenge listen to Track 1.
Listening to this CD whilst learning can give amazing results.
- Alpha and Omega
- Introduction. Sounds of the earth, sun and stars
- Morning! Sounds of the earth and stars
- Sun. Sounds of the sun and earth
- Intermezzo. Sounds of the earth, sun and stars
- Life! Sounds of the earth, sun and stars
- Alpha and Omega
- Evening. Sounds of the earth
- Song of the setting sun. Sounds of the sun
- Singing of the stars. Sounds of the stars
- The breath of the stars. Sounds of the earth
Concept of Syn-Energy. Nature Sound Synergy. CS 913 CD
Movement and deep relaxation are the fundamental principles of our nature. This recording, made at an important place for
natural acoustics, has the sea in combination with the sounds of Jupiter and the Sun, produced by a Tibetan bowl. The CD
allows deep relaxation through stimulation of Theta and Delta, as well as energising through spectral activation. The two tracks
are introduced by a piece of music which is in pure tuning. Track 2 is especially suitable for people who want deep relaxation
without distracting influences.