Down Syndrome Clinic
Dr. Gertrude A. Barber Center, Inc.
136 East Avenue
Erie, PA 16507
Fax: (814) 454-2771
Joseph Barber, M.D.
(814) 453-7551 ext. 230
3580 Peach Street
Erie, PA 16508
Contact: Joseph Barber, M.D.
Fax: (814) 866-1436
Pennsylvania State University
Milton S. Hershey Medical Center
Division of Human Genetics, Growth & Development
Department of Pediatrics
P.O. Box 850
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033-0850
Appointments: (717) 531-7555
Inquiries: (717) 531-8414
Fax: (717) 531-8985
Roger L. Ladda, M.D.
Contact: Keely Campbell-Woitas
The Centre For Neurological Rehabilitation, Inc.
32 South Morton Avenue
Morton, PA 19070
Fax: (610) 565-3294
Director: John F. Unruh, Ph.D.
Associate Director: Patricia Unruh
Children's Seashore House
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Division of Child Development and Rehabilitation Medicine
3405 Civic Center Boulevard
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Ada Hayes, M.D.
Fax: (609) 345-2006
Down Syndrome Center of Western Pennsylvania
Children's Hospital of Pittsburgh
3705 Fifth Avenue, Room 4B-425
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-2583
Eastern Pennsylvania Down Syndrome Center
- Director: William I. Cohen, M.D.
- (412) 692-5560
- Fax: (412) 692-5679
- Nurse Practitioner: Susan Van Cleve, MSN, CRN
- Coordinator: Sheila A. Cannon, M.Ed.
- (412) 692-7963
The Down Syndrome Center provides families with the tools they need to become educated and strong advocates of children and adolescents with Down syndrome. The center staff:
- Provides specialty health care to children and adolescents that is specific to conditions related to Down syndrome
- Consults with families regarding challenging developmental and behavioral concerns in children with Down syndrome
- Provides information to families about Down syndrome
- Offers support and follow-up to children recovering from an illness or surgery at the hospital
- Assists families in locating community services and resources
- Works with families with adolescents in developing transition plans that identify health care and community resources, as necessary, for adult health and well-being
The Adult Down Syndrome Center address issues concerning the special needs of adults with Down syndrome, a condition associated with high rates of hypothyroidism, spinal disorders, sleep apnea, and lymphoma. The Center provides medical consults for individuals with Down syndrome 16 years and older, referrals to community resources, and support to caregivers.
Appointments for the Adult Center are scheduled for the 2nd and 4th Tuesday mornings each month.
Information on issues regarding adults with Down syndrome (i.e., weight management, healthcare guidelines, guardianship, recreation and leisure and aging.) as well as appointments with Dr. Peter D. Bulova and other specialty clinics can be obtained by calling the Down Syndrome Center, (412) 692-7963.
6900 Hamilton Boulevard
Trexlertown, PA 18087
To schedule an appointment contact the Clinic Coordinator: (610) 402-0184 or email@example.com
- Medical Director:
- Don Levick, MD
- Anne Marie Dolinish-Meltzer
- Patti Mertz
The Center is part of the Health Center at Trexlertown, located at the east end of the Trexler Mall and Clinic days are generally the first and third Thursday of the month.