Adult Down Syndrome Clinic at Kansas University
Department of Family Medicine and the University of Kansas Medical Center
KUMC 3901 Rainbow Blvd.
Kansas City, KS 66160
Contact: Moya Peterson, PhD, ARNP (913) 588-1915
Services: One day a month. Dietary/social service professionals and nurse practitioner will see each patient at each visit; other services on referral basis; will provide primary care or consultation services as family desires.
Down Syndrome Dementia Clinic
The Down Syndrome Dementia Clinic's main goals include to:
Our staff includes highly trained medical professionals: board-certified neurologists, a licensed nurse practitioner, clinic nurses, research nurses, psychometricians, a pharmacist, a licensed clinical social worker, and a speech therapist for cognitive training. Patient resources are also available upon request.
- Aid in the identification and treatment of Alzheimer's disease in individuals with Down Syndrome
- Monitor the progression of cognitive decline through clinical and neurobehavioral evaluations
- Create a system of resources for patients and caregivers to understand medications and side effects
- Provide tools for coping with changes in cognitive function
- Establish the framework for conducting high-quality, innovative research projects aimed at understanding the sequence of pathologic changes in the brains of patients with Alzheimer's disease.
For more information, or to schedule an appointment, please call (913) 588-6820.